7 REASONS TO RIDE THE BIRELL MTB MARATON
We compiled several reasons that can lighten your decision to participate in the marathon that is taking place on occasion of MTB World Cup. Read them and get persuaded to enjoy a great sports experience!
- Beautiful route. Just as every year, this year, too, does the route of the marathon lead through the most beautiful parts of the Vysočina that never get boring. So if your ambition is not to win the race, take the pleasure of looking around and being amazed by the natural splendour of Vysočina!
- A great complement to the programme. The marathon takes place on Saturday morning. It does not start too early to be forced to give up on having late weekend breakfast (9:00 AM), moreover, it fits in seamlessly into the programme of the World Cup event. Even if you decide to take it easy, you can be sure that you will manage it back until the start of the Women U23 race at 2:00 PM.
- Lovely breathtaking sections. Enjoy the race with all your senses. There are sections on the route where (apart from your fellow racers) you will not meet a soul, especially in the area around Brožova skála, Cikháj and Žákova hora.
- The Pearl of Vysočina: You will ride very close to Devět Skal, the tallest peak of the Žďárské vrchy mountain range, which means that you will venture into the highest parts of Vysočina. Luckily enough, the Vysočina is not the Himalayas, so you will not have to fear climbs that make your nape hurt.
- Great descents: Perfect, fun and long descents from Devět Skal or Křivý Javor are sure to make you smile and squeal with delight!
- Start in the Vysočina Aréna under the gate of the World Cup. Start from the same place where all the stars of mountain bikes will stand on the next day. Be like Nino or Jaro! Enjoy an unforgettable experience!
- Move your body! Enjoy the World Cup actively and passively, too. It is great experience to cheer and support the pros zooming along the track, but if you ride the marathon, too, you will have your own portion of decent endorphins. And this is something that must be counted in!
So what do you think? Still hesitant about signing in? Propositions and the application system can be found here.